For more than three decades the ‘Sassmannshaus Tradition’ has been the household name for excellence in beginner string methods in German-speaking countries.
More than half a million students have successfully learned to play string instruments using this publication. The publication of the four violin books in 2008 in a fully adapted English version has been a big success.
On the back of this success story Bärenreiter has now published the four books for cello in a newly adapted version for today’s English speaking children.
What makes this cello method so unique?
- The leading German cello method now available in English.
- Large print notes and texts as well as many colourful illustrations are ideal for pre-school as well as school children.
- Note reading is emphasised from the first lesson, encouraging ensemble playing from the very beginning.
- Songs and scales in different positions are easily mastered within the first year of playing to ensure that children are not confined to first position playing.
- Advanced cello techniques such as varied bow strokes and shifting are introduced in a basic form
Published by Baerenreiter.